Sunday 10 February 2013

Goodbye Year of the Dragon

Clara was born in the year of the dragon, the year according to the Chinese calendar is associated with good fortune. A year that ended yesterday. I hate the end of things - always. This past year, I've also added the dreaded feelings towards holidays and special occasions. They all have been markers of my firsts of many occasions without my daughter. So, even Chinese New Year is a challenge without her. As everyone prepares their red pocket money - I know Clara isn't apart of their preparation. As each of these events go, the most important person to me goes unrecognized. It's the pain in my heart that reminds me she was here and she is most certainly loved and missed.

So ends the year of the dragon. Hopefully, the year of the snake brings me the happiness I know I deserve.
Year Of The Dragon

No comments:

Post a Comment